2015 Scholarship Applications Available Now!
For more information, DOWNLOAD a 2015 Application Today!
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Materials Must Arrive by Monday, March 16, 2015
Mission & History
The mission of
IOPFDA is to provide independent office furniture and office products dealers with the information, tools and
knowledge they need to help them to be successful in an evolving
business environment. The association accomplishes through its two membership divisions: the National Office Products Alliance (NOPA) and the Office Furniture Dealers Alliance (OFDA).
IOPFDA is the primary resource for office furniture and office products dealers:
- IOPFDA is the dealers' Advocate in Washington DC and State Capitals, insisting on a level playing field in contracting for independents and protecting dealers’ business against misguided government proposals.
- The Voice in Industry Data Standardization. On the office products side, NOPA's Office Products Industry Data Standards (OPIDS) Initiative develops consistent industry product data identification standards in both office product catalogs and eContent. On the office furniture side, OFDA offers its OFDAxml schema which is made available to manufacturers through a host of software vendors and looks to unite the industry.
- With NOPA’s members-only service, the Independent Dealer Locator (IDL) tool with expanding links to industry manufacturers’ websites. It is designed to channel greater sales to the independent dealer channel and specifically to NOPA members.
- Through the Association Group Insurance Trust, members save significantly on group life and long-term disability insurance. These programs to help recruit and retain the top employees needed to grow and become more profitable.
- IOPFDA is the dealers' "Insider” Informant and Business Advisor. IOPFDA education and online networking tools bring dealer principals and key sales, marketing and operations managers the practical information they need to thrive in today’s highly-competitive industry.
- Each year, the Association Scholarship Fund awards multiple 1, 2 and 4-year scholarships to owners, employees and close relatives of employees of association member firms.
- IOPFDA has assembled a "best-in-class” team of business service providers who are worthy of our endorsement. We have evaluated and selected these vendors based on their strategic commitment to delivering services to our industry, proven expertise in their field and willingness to offer a relevant, high-value program to members.
- By bringing independent dealers and their key business partners together, IOPFDA has created a vital community to advance common purposes and protect common interests in ways that only an energetic, inclusive industry-wide association can provide.